Welcome to Wildfyre, the app from Wildfyre, Inc. (“Wildfyre,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
Through the Service, you can anonymously share messages, pictures, videos, comments and other content (“Wildfyres”) with certain other users of the Service. When you share a Wildfyre through the app, you are anonymously sharing your Wildfyre with the contacts that you have stored on your mobile device each time you access our Service who also register with our Service (your “Friends”). In addition, each time a user “likes” a Wildfyre, that Wildfyre is shared with all the contacts of that user (“Friends of Friends”) and so on. People who can see your Wildfyres because they have been liked by Friends, Friends of Friends and so on are considered in your “Network.” We may also choose to feature certain Wildfyres, in which case such Wildfyres may be shared with all users of the Service.
We collect information you directly give us. For example, we collect information about you when you sign up for our Service, share a Wildfyre, give feedback about the Service or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, mobile phone number and any other information you choose to provide. When you request the App to find your Friends, we also collect certain information from your contacts on your mobile device, including your contacts’ email addresses and phone numbers, so you can anonymously share your Wildfyres with people you know who are already using the App. However, we hash your contacts email address and phone number before they leave your mobile device so we do not have access to that information. For information as to how to restrict the collection of contact information, please see the “Your Choices” section below. We may also collect information about you from other users of the Services (for eg. we may collect your contact details from other users if such details are stored on the user's mobile device). If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or certain features of the Service may be unavailable or work differently.
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you. This information is solely used by us for debugging and analytical purposes (e.g., to enhance the Service), and it includes:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, IP address, Wildfyres and videos viewed, Wildfyres “liked,” and the page you visited before navigating to our Service. This data is not stored permanently, and only kept for debugging purposes only.
• Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. This data is not stored, and only used to determine the version of your client in order to best visual experience.
• Location Information: We may collect information about the general location of your Internet Service Provider based on your IP Address. If you allow Wildfyre to access your location information, we may also collect your geo-location information. We use this information to show you Wildfyres from users in your Network who are located near you and to show your Wildfyres to users in your Network who are nearby. For information as to how to restrict the collection of geo-location information, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
• Provide and deliver the Service you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
• Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Wildfyre and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service and improve and personalize the Service;
• Personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Connect you with other users in your Contacts.
The information you provide to Wildfyre is encrypted and stored on physically secure Microsoft Azure servers.
• With other users of the Service (including some whom may not be your contacts) by providing them with your Wildfyre Videos and your general location (if you have enabled us to collect your location).
We may also share information (which may at times include personal information) about you as follows:
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Wildfyre assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• If the content of a Video can reasonably be considered illegal or unlawful (or it seems like the Video is being used to engage in, encourage or promote such activities), in which case we may report your identity to proper authorities in order to protect the rights, property and safety of Wildfyre, our users and/or others; and
While we make it difficult to do so, it is still technically possible for us to connect your Videos with your email address, phone number, or other personal data you have provided to us. This means that if a court asks us to disclose your identity, we may be compelled to do so. If we do happen to receive a subpoena or court order requesting that we disclose your information, we will attempt contact you if reasonably feasible before we disclose any information to give you time to fight the subpoena in court. In the United States, you may be able to fight the subpoena on the basis that it violates your First Amendment right to speak anonymously.
Wildfyre participates in the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor programs, and it adheres to the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Wildfyre has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your web browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Service.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
You can restrict Wildfyre’s collection of contact by changing your phone’s privacy settings. On iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Contacts and switch Wildfyre to “Off.”
You can restrict Wildfyre’s collection of geolocation information by changing your phone’s privacy settings. On iPhone, go to Settling > Privacy > Location, and switch Wildfyre to “Off.”